Still working out what special features are going to be on “The Bet” DVD – since a 19-minute short could stand to have some added value if we sell it for $10 – and working on the actual DVD design: the menus, transitions, etc. Hoping to have some commentaries from cast and crew and working on a piece that will show in detail how the look of the film was achieved in post. That should be pretty cool – if I can get it done. Kurt’s also interested in doing some schematics to show the lighting setups. And trying to organise getting cast and crew together to film interviews aside from the commentary to put together a short documentary about the making of the film – obviously after the fact since we didn’t really shoot much behind the scenes stuff during production. Could turn out nicely, but lord the work involved. Also trying to get some translations (I learned this morning how to do subtitles) which would be neat.
Right now this is where we’re at (tentatively):
- Commentary by Director Michael Dunn
- Commentary by Lou Diamond and Courtney Stavros (Walt Turner unconfirmed)
- Commentary by Co-Writers Michael Dunn and Chris Smith on the story
- Commentary by Director of Photography Kurt Rauf on the look
- Commentary by Sound Designer John McClain on sound design
- Stereo and 5.1 Dolby Surround mixes
- Interviews with Cast and Crew on all facets of the production
- Uninterrupted Channel 4 News broadcasts (with optional commentary by Mat Planet and Shannon Sarver)
- Step-by-Step examination of how the look was created in post-production
- Stills and Marketing Materials
- Discussion about the Alternate Endings, with Storyboards
- Complete Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
We’ll see how it all pans out.